View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Syw

Where ever Fleetwood Mac is with this possible new album, I hope they utilize one of the band’s biggest strengths - the vocals of the band members. A highlight for me of “Say You Will” is how, throughout the record, there are some great moments of Stevie and Lindsey harmonizing and/or singing on each other’s songs - Steal Her Heart Away, Peacekeeper**, What’s the World Coming To, Thrown Down, Smile at You are my favorites - I hope we hear the three harmonize and sing on each other’s songs throughout the new record. Man, “Tusk” would have been much better if there was more singing from the three.

On its release date, I listened to "Say You Will" twice from front to back, then made two play lists which has pretty much been the way I listen to these songs..

So with 10 new Stevie Nicks songs, of course I had to make a “Stevie only” version..

Say You Will
Thrown Down
Destiny Rules
Not Make Believe
Illume
Running Through the Garden
Everybody Finds Out
Smile at You
Silver Girl
Say Goodbye

I listen to it sometimes - it would be in the bottom tier of my favorite Stevie albums - but I mainly listen to my FM play list when I want some “Say You Will.”

So let’s say I worked for a record company and I was asked to take these SYW tracks and make an album with 12 tracks and market it to the masses. No more than 12 tracks because they also wanted to issue it on vinyl as a single disc.

And this is how the album would play out (very similar to how Daniel would sequence the record)..

What’s The World’s Coming To
Say You Will
Peacekeeper
Thrown Down
Bleed to Love Her
Not Make Believe
Miranda
Destiny Rules
Steal Your Heart Away
Everybody Finds Out
Smile At You
Say Goodbye

Two songs I kept going back and forth on were Red Rover and Illume, but I couldn’t make them fit into the SYW puzzle and also didn’t want to replace any other track with one of them. Really like both songs, though. I would have included all the rest of the tracks as part of extras in the deluxe version making it more attractive to hardcore fans.

I had forgotten how badly SYW was sequenced - great songs, but no cohesion, and way too long. I would have went with my 12 tracks with a name change to “Gone to the Moon” - SYW is Fleetwood Mac’s worst album title. And, I would keep the cover art. Me like.

Just finished watching the news.. “What’s the world coming to.. what’s the world coming to? Everyone’s gone to the moon..”