View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conga View Post
It's nice for us to knock all the current members of the group (not really) but Mick constantly mentions Peter and when he talks of him, he talks of him so warmly and fondly. When we saw The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, he and Rick both praised Peter over and over, he managed Peter, he included Peter on both his first solo LP and they let him lay down that beautiful solo on the one version of Brown Eyes and he wrote a whole book on the Peter Green era which is too expensive for plebs like me but hey it's out there. I think Mick just was in survival mode through those shaky years like he just wanted to keep the band going and keep the music flowing, there was no time to rest on their laurels, they didn't have any money touring around with Danny and afterwards Bob and Bob and the rest of the lot.

I mean, say what you will about Stevie and that, but I really don't think that if Bob and Lindsey felt like that they would have endlessly collaborated with the group outside of the Fleetwood Mac band. Lindsey on Mick Fleetwood's Zoo, Stevie on Bob's second LP, Mick and Stevie playing with Bob's band, Lindsey collaborating with John and Mick a whole bunch, Christine appearing on one of both Bob and Lindsey's records. If you hated them so much why let them keep collaborating? And much love to Bob, he's one of my favourite members of the group but are we sure he really knew what he was talking about by that late in the game; I think maybe he was just bitter (and I really don't blame him, the whole R&RHOF situation was a complete epic blow to poor Bob) by then?
you raise some great points.

except characterizing fair criticisms and discussion as "hate". i don't think any of the posters here talked about hate. despising Mick? sure! hate? nah.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"