View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
No, thank you, lovethemac1, because you're helped me recall details I'd forgotten about that set of amazing experiences.

One thing I recall now is how after meeting John I wish I'd had prepared more things (anythin, really!) to say or ask, because he did not seem in any hurry to get away from the fans, and it felt as though we could have kept talking for a bit if I had only had something more to say! So let me add to my description of John by saying that although he was low-key and low-volume, he came across as up for a chat!

Now I think about it, another reason I probably didn't dwell long with John is that I was probably worried about missing Lindsey--which turned out to be unnecessary, because, as I describes above, Lindsey didn't evade the fans either.
Thank you for giving us this glimpse. I've so badly wanted to meet those two, John and Lindsey. The closest I've come was interacting with Lindsey while he was on stage. My husband and I were right in front of him for the 2013 tour. He was so interactive with us, and my husband was mouthing to him that I am his #1 fan, and he fully got a kick out of that. At one point he checked in with a "thumbs up???" look to me, just to make sure I was having fun!! Which I totally was, and he gave me one of his HUGE goofy grins. I got his setlist and his (unused) pick.

We also saw him on Seeds solo tour and were up front. Again, he was pretty interactive with us, and the other fans. Just showing that he loves what he does.

John has always seemed so down to earth, no bulls**t type of guy. I imagine he would be easy to laugh and laugh with.

I once had a dream about Lindsey, John, Chris and Stevie. They were at our summer cottage, I was in charge of looking after them. They fought like crazy, ill-behaved toddlers, and I had to keep sending them for time out breaks. Then they headed into the lake for a swim, without letting me know, and none of them could swim. Rescuing those toddlers was a lot of work!! I think it was because my kids were really little at the time, so my FM dream translated into toddler-hood.

Well, one can keep dreaming about meeting them. I shall continue.