View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
I'm sure I've told this story before but here goes: One of my closest friends and I camped out for choice tickets for this show. We were the 2nd people in line for the Worcester Centrum (the Mac was the 2nd band to play ever at the new venue). I don't know if anyone has done it but camping out w a bunch of rabid Mac fans overnight was the best experience. We got 2nd row center seats for our efforts. The night of the show was awesome. We were like Right There. Towards the end when Stevie was doing her stage walk, the guys in front of us, who we had met that night camping out, were cool enough to allow us (there were three guys and three of us) to get up on their backs so we could be up close to the stage. I was closest to where Stevie was. And she reached over to shake my hand. Total eye contact, everything going on but I got scared at the last minute and pulled my hand away. She gave me a look like, What the Hell. The people around me turned to me and asked what was wrong with me. My friends, the guys, everyone was like, "what did you just do?" I felt a moron but I got nervous. Anyhow, we laugh about it to this day.
I was at that show...not in the nose-bleed seats, but not as close as you. It was my first Fleetwood Mac concert and it was fanstastic! I recall being at a McDonalds the next day (the last time I ever ate there), and overheard other patrons telling their friends what a great show it was. I really liked the set list. Aside from them including four "new" songs - Hold Me, Love in Store, Gypsy, and Eyes of the World, I wish they would have also performed Straight Back, That's Alright, Only Over You and Can't Go Back.

I attended Stevie's Enchanted tour in Portland, Oregon, and was in the second row. I got to shake her hand, but she was sort of looking over me. There were many hands reaching for her, so I wasn't offended. You had a very odd reaction...were you afraid she was going to eat your hand?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-05-2009 at 06:43 PM..