View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Rolling Stone Reissue Review

Quote:
Originally posted by shackin'up
It's true that the whole band desreves credit for these albums. I justb think it's great that someone with a vision, gets credit for the vision, even in retrospect. And the mac didn't learn from it as a band: they did not accept the vision of a double-album for SYW. Give them credit for giving LB a position he deserves, although it sounds over the top, to call these albums "his" albums, he was hired as a guitarist and "musical art-director" of this band and he succeeded monstruously. So that he gets credit for that on these reissues is great: McVie had all the singles and made the band a brand. Nicks gave the band the "bigger-than-life image" and a (almost) human face. The rythm-section brought in the history and backbone of the band: musically AND concerning the Story....
I always thought that Lindsey and Chris gave the band a human face, not Stevie. Those two were grounded while Stevie was the ethereal, witchy poet, aloof and distant, but heartfelt and sincere. I think that Linds and Chris (especially Chris) were the ones who showed the public that the band was human.

And I agree that "Rumours" and the white album should be credited to the band as a whole, but "Tusk"? Hell no. That was Lindsey's album.