View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe I'm giving this band too much credit, but why in the world would Christine and Lindsey go into the studio and work on a new album if Stevie were that reluctant? Wouldn't it be a political mindfield to go into the studio to start a new album knowing that not all members are on board? I have a hard time believing that they would do that if Stevie said she was reluctant...at all. Stevie would be furious! I also don't think Lindsey would make the speech every night about this reunion bringing "many fruits" if it didn't involve something other than a cash grab tour.

It sounds like there were various conference calls with the band as Christine has mentioned - you would think (and I hope) that a long term plan was discussed and it wasn't just "welcome back Chris, now how many times can we tour the states now that you're back"

It would be a really crappy thing to welcome somebody back into the band who obviously wants to not only perform live again, but make new music...to welcome them back with the understanding there would not only be touring, but new music as well and then backpeddle on the album.

Personally, if they truely can't get on the same page regarding a new album and Christine's presence won't help the situation...I feel bad for Christine because that has to be momentously discouraging. If relationships are that strained in the band, why bring Christine back into that kind of environment?

I'm remembering why I loved the Stevie Nicks of 1996-1998. She was humble and had some humility as she was just coming out of a rough patch. She was humble and gracious. Now I feel like her ego is WAY out of control. She's only gracious when it benefits her.