View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead
WOW!

Thanks for such a thorough explanation. You really nailed down a lot of the details and dynamics of how things probably came together for the Dance.

You verify some sources (interviews, etc...) that qualify the motives and personal feelings of the various members. Can all of that be qualifed or is some of it just presumption?
It's a little of both. When I make a presumption, I do so only after I look at what they've said in interviews, their album sales, the timeline of events, and their past behaviors/motivations. Everything else just falls into place. I guess you could say I make qualified presumptions.

BTW, I should add that I don't think anybody was necessarily wrong, here. One the one hand, "Time" wasn't really given a fair shot. But on the other, by all indications, the band was just going to do many of the same old songs from the white album and "Rumours" during their concerts. So, why play the old hits with the "Time" band when Mick and John could be playing all of the old hits with the "Rumours" band? This way, they wouldn't have to deal with being called a "souped-up cover band," they would get major promotion, and they would make a hell of a lot of money. Mick, John, and Christine got to do a reunion with the two people with whom they became legends. Bekka and Billy got to do the album they wanted as a country duo. I think the only person who lost out in all of this was Dave Mason, and it's not like he didn't already have a career of his own. Also, he got to do a reunion tour with Jim Capaldi, which wouldn't have happened if he had still been in Fleetwood Mac. So, in the end, I think there was a lot more going on than has been acknowledged, but I think the end result was best for all involved.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 06-21-2005 at 07:06 PM..