Thread: Entitled jerks
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey was muzzled on recent FM tours. all his jazzing up of guitar parts have been heavily criticized as "showing off on Stevie's songs instead of letting her shine". it's hugely amusing to now read the glowing reviews of Campbell jazzing up some guitar parts that were oh so short in Lindsey's versions, from the same people who were spitting all over Lindsey when he tried to do way less. Lindsey was heavily criticized for "too many guitar solos" while the sole real guitar solo he was doing was ISA. people who criticized him for that must have only gone to pop shows (possibly disguised as rock) and live in a bubble.

that was a thing i loved so much when Christine came back - she let Lindsey improvise and jazz up if ever so slightly his guitar parts on her songs, the way Stevie so obviously disallowed him on hers. watch You Make Loving Fun from 2014-15 and especially BuckVie tours. you can see how much fun he's having playing a guitar on that song, how much he missed not having it in the set.
Yes, but when they were apart Christine also complained about long guitar solos. What irked me is that she cast shade on Lindsey and then let her nephew Dan go to town. What in the devil? Of course, I think she was miffed when she said she hated guitar solos. I know she knows what LB’s guitar means to YMLF, for example.