View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Ive always been sort or curious about this, and, Mr Welch, if youre ever here and would like to answser this question that'd be great, if not that's fine too. My question is, had things between Mick and Bob Weston started to go south during the making of MTM or did the **** not hit the fan until the tour started?
Well I'm far from Bob Welch, but where did you ever hear of things going sour between Mick and Bob Weston prior to the discovery of that affair on the ensuing tour? Mick and Bob were the best of buds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
A while ago I really tried to get into this album and played it several times, but I find none of it really makes any sense to me. It's all bland background music as far as I can make out. I think what it's missing is Danny Kirwan. I have a really hard time grooving to the band without Danny Kirwan, although I try.
DK was hard to beat in many ways, but wow! What's up with Welch + Weston + Christy vibes seen as merely "bland background music"! Have you really - and I mean really - sat down and put your ear to Hypnotized, Miles Away, Keep On Going, Why, Somebody, Forever, etc., since you first (or last) formed that impression? The guitar interplay alone between BW & BW is out of this world (spin up Miles Away, The City, Somebody, et al for da gold). Then look at the gorgeous guitar gracings Weston added to Christy's Why and The Way I feel!

Curious if you hold a similar opinion of Heroes and Penguin from what basically amounts to the same cast and crew?