View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Right, because some journalist abducted Lindsey and forced him at knifepoint to tell all of the lurid, evil workings of the band that made him famous. Of course he had an agenda and the timing of his new greatest "hits" compilation, tour, lawsuit and interview seems more than a bit suspect to me. Since the world is not exactly waiting on his latest solo project, he probably figured, well, scandalous attention is better than no attention at all. Indeed, what were his true motivations?
His motivations? What was he supposed to do? Let his former bandmates get away with what they did. That's exactly what Mick and Stevie thought was gonna happen. Glad this man who once hosted Mick on his front yard when he went bankrupt is asking for his share. After all, he made the band famous.

Quote:
HA! In other words St. Kristen came into Lindsey's life and finally tamed the shrew. She probably has almost as big of an ego as Lindsey. The thing about Lindsey, and arguably one of his greatest strengths, is his ability to keep his s*** together in front of an audience (or in this case, a reporter). You can see all of the cogs and gears spinning around in his head very carefully and with precision - like a Rolex watch. Every word that leaves his mouth is stated with intention, every movement calculated, every gesture rehearsed. You can see that he does the same choreography in concert every night like a robot - every speech committed to memory, every leap, every stoop, every feigned expression of humility, every yelp. It is as creepy as it is awe-inspiring, to be quite honest. So of course he is going to articulate this well-rehearsed story for the media that paints him as the victim and Fleetwood Mac, particularly Mick and Stevie, as savagely brutal.

I don't discount his account outright since we haven't heard FM's side of the story. However, based on what I have read, a lot of things just don't compute, i.e., this notion that the band ditched Lindsey for absolutely no reason at all. There has to be a reason.
We aren't talking about the Gypsy story that we have been hearing for the past 15 years here. We're talking about Lindsey. Creepy indeed.

You're right, there was a reason for Lindsey's firing. He stated it in his lawsuit. He "smirked". That's what Azoff said to him. So, let's see how she denies what Azoff said.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.