View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Listening now. It all comes across as so defensive and uncomfortable. Mick's endless, rambling answers, rarely ever getting to the point and often mangling the Queen's English, make it exhausting to listen to...

I echo what someone wrote earlier - the band has just thrown away its edge, its purpose. Neil and Mike seem very nice, very talented and so on, but it's going to be so vanilla.Lindsey is such a volatile, sparky presence - it's what has always made his music so extraordinary. That unpredictable, febrile quality. He has it in his singing, his guitar playing, his arranging and producing - it is what sets him apart and has always set FM apart from so many other groups.
Lindsey was no doubt the architect of the classic Fleetwood Mac's sound. Without him they will become ordinary and pedestrian .I am actually a fan of Neil Finn but he will skew the dynamic of the band to the bland .He is a good writer of melodic soft rock..Fleetwood Mac already has one of those.The edge and eccentricity that Lindsey brought is what elevated them to greatness. If they release another album which I believe they will health withstanding Stevie's work will be indistinguishable from her solo career and the rest will be pretty middle of the road.