View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I'm still puzzled as to when the Kolonopin kicked in. Mick said in an interview that during Tango in the Night, he and Stevie were the big cocaine users and would use a trailer that Lindsey had parked outside his house to party in. She was gone most of the time because she was touring with Rock a Little and she was using during that tour. She went to Betty Ford after the tour and then went in to work on Tango. Wouldn't she have been alert and drug free? but she mentions working on Tango after being prescribed the Kolonopin. So I still am so confused as to when she started using it and when it kicked in making her a bit of a zombie. She seemed really good during the Tango press tour and videos. So she must have been working on Tango while touring and using. Then went to Betty Ford at the end of the year and was given Kolonopin when she got out?
The other thing is THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MIRROR came out 2 years after TANGO IN THE NIGHT and Nicks referred to that album as her "last good album" before Klonopin started turning her into a zombie. So yeah - it does seem that the Klonopin effect was largely after TANGO.

I think its likely she was off coke but still drinking quite a bit during TANGO. Whatever it was, Buckingham referenced how hard Nicks and Fleetwood were partying and how much that made it difficult to finish the album and impossible to tour behind it.