Thread: In the skies
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmanastrat View Post
I must confess to not owning any of the splinter group stuff, i shall be honest just canīt get into it. Maybe one day i will. iīm very slow to pick up on things but i think maybe it goes back to when i went to see them ages ago. Nige is a great axe man and stuf,f but for me i wouldnt choose to listen to him and iīm afraid from what i see, he is the main guitarist. Donīt get me wrong i think nige is a dude and he really does seem to have peteīs best interest at heart but at the end of the day i wanna listen to what moves me.
There are still flashes of the green god i know this and as i say maybe one day i will take a good listen.
However i must go back to the original point about in the skies and that it certainly shows that peters career didnt completely finish in 70 or 71 .
Hmm...not sure if Nigel had Peter's best interest at heart or whether Nigel had Nigel's best interest at heart.

All I can say is forget the guitar, listen to the music and listen to Peter sing. Sit down in an evening with a glass (or three) of wine and put on some Splinter Group. Very enjoyable...