View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Hate to nitpick but Invincible hit number 10 months before the album's release as it was originally on a film soundtrack .Sex as a Weapon the album's true lead single bombed at number 28 on the Billboard Hot 100. It recieved very little airplay as I recall as I was avidly listening to the radio then for new RAL songs. I agree that her album failed for different reasons. Pat as I recollect was not a drug addict.
Ah yes, Invincible was from the soundtrack to the award winning classic film the Legend of Billie Jean! Well, it may not have won any awards, but Invincible the video was played non-stop on MTV. I did like Le Bel Age, the third single, but I’m pretty sure that, like Sex as a Weapon, it didn’t chart very highly.

BombaySapphire3, I’m curious what some of your favorite Benatar songs are. I bought her 2 disc collection many many years ago, and I love it! Temporary Heroes is one of my favorites, along with Don’t Walk Away, Shadows of the Night, Everybody Lay Dowm, Everytime I Fall Back, the list goes on. I’m so glad she’s in the RARHOF.