View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
One of the things that makes Fleetwood Mac interesting is the politics. They occasionally like to talk sh** about each other in the press, but at the end of the day, they circle the wagons very tightly around each other- the fab five. Fleetwood Mac the band comes first, and everyone else on the periphery of the Fleetwood Mac universe, including Ken Caillat and Judy Wong, is expendable.
This is true and Mick has said it. He says the spouses and the significant others have to understand that they will never be inside the circle of five, no matter how close they get to the individual members. Only the five of them know what they have been through and only they understand each other. You can't penetrate it and it's a bond that goes way beyond the-feud-of-the-week.

For all the names we know: Dunstan, Wong, Keith, Ken, Richard, etc. there are 50 or 100 people whose names we don't know who were just as vital to the band's success and well being. Due to the magnitutde of their record sales and the number of people in the band, the people who helped make them who they are are almost countless. They can't have a lasting, personal relationship with each and every one of them.

Even in our own non-mega superstar lives, sometimes to maintain a strong relationship with those we treasure most, we have to let other people go as time passes. It's not that these people are nothing more than hangers on, it's just that they aren't family any longer. They don't live inside the FM world anymore. For some people to be cut off sounds cruel, but we don't know how many people try to contact them on a daily basis, all wanting something.

As for Judy Wong being toothless, that's awful. But then again sometimes there are people who you help out 20 times and the 21st time, you just have to say no. I'm not saying that Judy is one of these people. I'm just saying that Mick can barely keep his own life and finances together after all of this time. If he ended up bankrupt again, I'm not sure any of the Macsters would let him sleep in their basement and I'm not sure I would blame them, given the chances that he has had.

Well, Mick's not going bankrupt, but I'm just saying I'm not surprised he couldn't take better care of Judy. He's still not that good at taking care of himself. We just ought to be glad that Biddy's still protected.

Michele