View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
What is wrong with the school again? They don't teach well?
well here's just the latest thing we have to deal w/ at my son's school

(Bellevue, NE) -- The location of the new Sarpy County Probation Reporting Center is a done deal despite neighborhood complaints. Critics voiced opposition at a public hearing in Bellevue Tuesday, questioning why the center would open in a strip mall center at 36th and Chandler Road just one block from Gilder Elementary School. Sarpy County officials say the center works with drug offenders, violent offenders & sex offenders. Bellevue police will have a presence there. County officials have already admitted they should have said something in advance. Neighbors, a nearby school and Bellevue city officials say they did not know about the plans. so what happened to sex offenders not being able to be close to schools?, this is a recipe for disastor if you ask me & when one of these convicts god forbid kidnaps, molests or try to give kids drugs~

the school in question is my son's~ his teacher last yr missed 42 days & the kids had an incompetent substitutes~ thanx god the hubby & i provide my son w/ a ride to & fro, becuz he can't even ride the bus, becuz they say he is white & we live 1 tenth of a mile too close to school, but my home is the 1st in the neighborhood & they drive right by my home to pick up other kids~ our school board also voted to segregate the kids, that means blacks at their own schools, hispanics at their own schools, whites at their own schools...~ i thought that kind of racial segregation was against the law?~ it is just a mess, we live in a wonderful middle class neighborhood, we pay some of the highest property taxes in the country(i swear), from which they pay these teachers & they are doing a piss poor job~ my child is my life & his well-being & education my top priority~ i don't want him to grow up a racist becuz the schools are even trying to teach them that the minority students don't deserve to go there, just sad~ because of the segregation thing(this made national news, people like jesse jackson & reps for rev al sharpton & leaders for hispanics came here in protest), you also can not anymore pick your own school, you go where they say, period~ i started calling before schools end last yr to get him in to a really good private school by me, but their waiting list, that we are on, is 2 yrs long~ so i feel in a quandry right now~ i mean it's my kid, not to mention the raw deal they are giving to other kids also ~