View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i'm not a tween or a young adult nor am i nostalgic and only listen to the music of " my time " ( i'm not dead yet ) but I am still able to find plenty of new artist to listen to or see in concert, and enjoy the new music my old favorites make , ...the top 40 cookie cutter " singers' just don't have talent
and sadly it is created for you to like , it's nothing new it's been like that for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Agreed. There's plenty out there that is interesting, but the charts is not to place to look.

Recent discoveries for me include Benjamin Francis Leftwich. His guitar playing is more traditional and his melodies simpler, but I could imagine many FM fans particularly Lindsey fans enjoying BFL's music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2YKq_093U

I also think that "The 1975" is a great band with great songs, though they couldn't sound less FM like if they tried. Similarly: Lorde.
Actually I meant more that I'm very much a creature of habit despite my age and I rarely change my tastes, when I find something that I like I pretty much stick to it and never come back nor search actively for more. Also I tend to be more fascinated from the vintage than the modern.
However the musical scene in my country is a little different than in America, for example there's the invasion of Italian white rap. But even I sometimes find enjoyment in the present artist, for example I'm liking this new Czech singer: