View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ohh this is really interesting to hear from that speaker / filtered through your phone! what i'm going to say you need to take with a perspective that all 3 shows i was right in the middle between speakers, so sounds filtered can be different.

so i can tell you that at the first show i've seen, he did not sing at all with her on Red Sun verses. she sang alone, and skipped half of them. if you mentally filter his harmonies out on your recording, she is mostly singing the whole verse now, but at the times she goes pitchy she just skips some little parts. at my 2nd show, he sang the main melody with her, but really quietly. so there were some verses there but not complete. she barely sang, at my 3rd show (they performed another show in between), they kinda sang similarly to your recording - she main melody he harmonies, except you did not hear him louder - wonder whether that was a fluke (like his mic was set too loud) or that is just the way speaker in front of you and/or your phone filtered it. when i record with certain cameras i can hear nothing but bass or drums on my recordings while with other cameras you can hear the whole spectrum of sounds. happy to say that her main melody sounds much better now than at my shows!! so by august they should have it down perfectly!!
it definitely wasn't the phone, because that's how it sounded in person as well. So if anything it could have been the speakers. There were two side by side sitting on the stage and because he was so much louder it was hard to tell but it seemed like maybe one speaker was off his mic and one off hers...?

Like I mentioned earlier he seemed mixed very up front in the mix last night, and too loud-- even when he spoke between songs he was so loud that it distorted his voice.

You'd think they'd be traveling with their own sound mixer and not using locals at each show, but...