View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 04:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I assume Ethan is related to Glyn Johns? Glyn did a great job and its funny this is the guy that Stevie hates But he is known to be one of the best in the biz.
Yes, I believe Ethan Johns is his son. Also almost positive he's the one that wrote Inspiration and God's Garden, those two songs Stevie catapulted off of Street Angel

Love this album so far. Standouts have to be The Challenge, Ask Anybody, and Easy Come, Easy Go. They've all been so, I don't know, beefed up? They sound a little less adult contemporary now and it's great (and i couldn't have cared LESS about ECEG before this). I do miss the booming drums on Ask Anybody but the additions on the remix more than make up for it imo.

I like the remix of Friend but agree that I like the instrumental-only opening of the original version better. Maybe I'll feel different with time.

Agreed that the only ones that don't sit right are Northern Star and Songbird. The arrangements are kind of busy and don't mesh with the vocals. I don't hate either one but they won't be replacing the originals for me.

Now The Challenge? The remix has just booted the original off my playlist

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)