View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for taking so much time and posting your review for us. I found it really interesting and it was easy to read.

Re: the tour, it has been billed as a "hits" tour by the people who sell tickets, but the band called it more of playing the songs they just wanted to play. I think they didn't want to go too far into Christine territory, because it's impossible to recreate her sound.

It's always rough though when people come to shows expecting to hear certain songs and then don't. I hope they still managed to have fun. And then that they ran home and put on their records or CDs so they could hear the ones they missed.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it so much, even though they weren't previously one of your very favorites. I hope they are now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
But many people were missing much hits. That is a problem: Here in Europe not so many people knowing, that Christine isn t in the band anymore. So they expected all the hits from the 80s, like Little Lies or Everywhere. Thats a problem: The band says they are playing the hits ! And yes they are playing the hits mostly from the 70s with Stevie and Lindsey. But the eighties are missing and here in europe Fleetwood Mac has had big charthits in the 80s and none of them they have played ! Many people were a little dissapointed about that.

Also why is nothing played from the last album say you will, Peacekeeper would work great, why are they ignoring their last work ?