View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

just 5 minutes back from concert....and here is my review.......just for you !!

First of all: It was great. Second: I am not the Fleetwood Mac Hardcore Fan, I say that, because I m knowing, that I am writing in a Fleetwood Mac Fan Forum. I am a Hardcore Fan of Pink Floyd, Genesis and The Who. Third: My english isn t that good, so i apologize ....

The Arena in Oberhausen is next to the greatest shopping mall of europe, the Centro. So I assumed, that Stevie perhaps went on a shopping trip before the concert, but I didn t see her anywhere there. I arrived 90 Minutes before doors open and a long waiting row has been established. I have a seat ticket and it s raining, so I decided to drink an beer and look to the people. Wow, many young people there, much younger than me ( I m 36 ), I was impressed. Also many people searching for cheaper tickets and also many people from the Netherlands.

The concert began 15 Minutes after eight, the setlist was the same as in USA, including silver springs at the end. My personal highlight since this concert: I m so afraid. Wow, wooowwww , what a solo ! This was my first Fleetwood Mac concert, are they playing this rocking version always or is that new ? I have mentioned, I m a Pink Flyod Fan, this song is my new Comfortably Numb !!! What a great guitar player !!

My second highlight: The speach after the concert of Mick. This touches everyones heart, but many people were leaving the concert before the end, because they didn t recognized that after Don t stop it doesn t stop ! What a pity !

The ordiance was great, due to the fact, that there was no seating in the interior. But many people were missing much hits. That is a problem: Here in Europe not so many people knowing, that Christine isn t in the band anymore. So they expected all the hits from the 80s, like Little Lies or Everywhere. Thats a problem: The band says they are playing the hits ! And yes they are playing the hits mostly from the 70s with Stevie and Lindsey. But the eighties are missing and here in europe Fleetwood Mac has had big charthits in the 80s and none of them they have played ! Many people were a little dissapointed about that.

Also why is nothing played from the last album say you will, Peacekeeper would work great, why are they ignoring their last work ?

The concert was a little loud, but it was a rockconcert ! The voices of Stevie and Lindsey were great, in the Arena is the sound not so good, but it is every time acceptable. They have done their best.

This year I have seen yet: Australian Pink Floyd, The Eagles and Roger Hodgson ( Supertramp ). I will see next Steve Hackett ( Genesis), The Musical Box ( Genesis-Coverband, great ) and Nokia Night of the proms
( Roxette, John Miles, Heaven 17 and Alan Parsons ) and Mark Knopfler ( Dire Straits ) . So how good was now Fleetwood Mac ? This question I can t answer, because The Eagles were breathtaking this year ! But in my personal top 10 is Fleetwood Mac following on second place !

Greetings from germany

Christian