View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I asked this same question a few months ago and everyone yelled at me
I just don't see the depth of this album enough to produce something along the lines of a Mirage deluxe version, etc.
I have heard cool demos of Isn't it Midnight but they were very primitive and rough. I don't know if the band would release such a rough demo.
According to Mick's book the band passed on Stevie's What has Rock N Roll ever done for you. I would LOVE to know if they ever tried the song. There is the Stevie demo floating around but I could see Lindsey rolling his eyes on such a song and not bothering to even play with it. Its tongue and cheek but the song has a very arrogant vibe which would have driven Lindsey up a wall.
Tango is so programmed that I don't get the excitement as the other albums. I could care less if there are 1,000 out takes of Caroline or You and I. The variations would matter how the song was programmed on 80's technology. Speed up the computer dubs or slow them down. Or how about adding Lindsey grunting.
Then you also have the issue with the live CD the band has been including in the other deluxe releases. It would be odd to release such live music without Lindsey.
Personally, I think TANGO has much depth, if not slightly more, than MIRAGE.
That said, do I think there will be a live disc in the rerelease? No....the fact that he wasn't on this tour would be a problem for Lindsey and his ego. Not to mention how and why he left the group at the time...not fun for everyone involved.
I think it's more likely that we'll actually see TWO discs of bonus tracks....one of alternate versions and outtakes, the other of the various 12" mixes (no other FM album would be able to offer this!).
As for "What Has Rock & Roll Ever Done For You".....I've kind of been holding out hope it would be on the new album. I would love to see it done like various live versions of "Rhiannon"....start out slow, like a piano ballad, then turn into a kick ass rocker. End it once again slow and introspective. I mean, what has Rock and Roll done for these five?
Everything.

Last edited by Fannymac; 11-03-2016 at 06:19 AM..