View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
IA there's nothing wrong with having young fans, it's a great thing. A lot of them are pretty casual fans though, they hardly know any songs, wear a moon necklace and look at pictures of Stevie in the 70s for the fashion, that's what kinda makes it irritating. They go to the shows and they mostly only know Seven Wonders. I saw once there was a group of those girls and they literally did not sing along to anything except that song.

And what's most is annoying though is when some of the 'Fleetwood Mac fans' who are basically 'Stevie Nicks fans' that mildly tolerate/enjoy Fleetwood Mac use those girls who hardly know anything about Stevie besides Seven Wonders and that picture of her where she's holding the coke wearing sunglasses and say how it's an example of how Stevie is really the main thing that made Fleetwood Mac big. Like...no she's not. Stevie needed Fleetwood Mac just as much as Fleetwood Mac needed Stevie. They're a band that became big because of each member.
I agree about some of the casual fans who act like Fleetwood Mac and Stevie is just their favorite thing ever but only know one or two songs. There is so much more than just that. I guess what I was trying to say with my original post is just that I think it's great that young people are exposed to older music. I'm sure there are some who discovered FM/Stevie through the show but then wanted to learn more and then discovered more of their music.