View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Shocked you didn’t follow that up with a... “well I guess that makes her a perfect fit to replace Stevie” well it’s coming, so I’ll beat everyone to to it it!
Noooo... I love Belinda Carlisle LOL I can't help it!

And since I brought her up... just a few years ago, there was some controversy with the Go-Go's because 4 of the 5 band members fired bassist Kathy Valentine shortly before their farewell tour and replaced her with a studio musician. Now, I am a big Belinda Carlisle fan, as well as a big Go-Go's fan, but I was not pleased with the way they did that, it seemed greedy that they wanted to split the profits 4 ways instead of 5. So Kathy Valentine sued them, so they sued her. They claimed that she was fired because in 1984 or so, she wrote Vacation but Jane Wiedlin had to rewrite it, so she wasn't really an asset to the band! They also were supposedly angry because in her blog, Kathy repeated an oft-told tale about Belinda's drug dealer, only Kathy mentioned the dealer by name. Anyway, long story short, well after the farewell tour ended, they settled the suit and Kathy got a settlement. Horrible way to end their legacy, yes? Only guess what- now there's a musical being performed in San Francisco called Head Over Heels, featuring songs by the Go-Go's, and guess who co-wrote the song Head Over Heels? That's right, Kathy Valentine! So guess who's back in the Go-Go's for a limited run tour and all is forgiven LOL. That's right, Kathy Valentine! All it took to reunite all 5 Go-Go's was a potential financial windfall.

I bring this up because it is actually similar to what happened in FM, not that the Go-Go's were ever at that same level of fame or success FM had, but they were popular in their prime. Still, I was really annoyed that the 4 band members kicked Kathy out like that, and I also felt sorry for her because I didn't think she was a millionaire and probably really needed the income. But how did I respond to her firing? I didn't see the tour. I was going to, but after what happened, I changed my mind. But I didn't begrudge the other members, I didn't feel like someone had died, I didn't burn my Go-Go's cds, or my Belinda Carlisle cds, or even my Jane Wiedlin or Graces cds. Yes, just like I buy every CD by just about every member of FM (even Mick Fleetwood's Zoo, for God's sake!) I did the same for the Go-Go's.

I just thought I would share that little tidbit.

Last edited by bwboy; 05-25-2018 at 09:02 PM..