Thread: Nyc, 3/11/2019
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You mean like playing a Marxophone?

What I find disappointing now is that most of the deeper cuts that made the show interesting have gotten dropped, like “Tell Me All The Things You Do,” “Hypnotized,” and “I Got You.” That said, I really like what Mike’s doing with the two Peter Green songs. While it’s still a good set, it’s feeling much more like a typical set than what it originally was.

As for “Free Fallin’” it’s the emotional high point for reasons that should be pretty obvious. “Gypsy” was the high point in 1982 for a similar reason.
The Marxophone is a great example. Again, they sorta stuck their toe over the line....but not really. So it comes across half-a$$ed to a lot of folks when that probably wasn't the intention. If any group of folks could of done another semi-acoustic version of Gypsy like the 2000 AHI benefit, it would be the band that includes Mike Campbell. Mick on the cocktail kit, the marxophone, figure out the solo, and get Stevie to back away from the shoutting approach and we might be onto something. Otherwise, it reads like a cover.