View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
To play devil's advocate, if the production on "Illume" and "Smile At You" from Say You Will are the sounds of Stevie being challenged, then I'd rather she have a yes-man.
LOL...that is the most tired, cliche argument that folks love to use here...let's use the good old SYW reference because Stevie is the absolute victim of Lindsey Buckingham. Nah...she didn't sign off on the vocal take or anything pertaining to the song. somehow people think Lindsey did whatever to her songs with her hands tied. She agreed to who did the mixing and final playback. It's not all Lindsey as much as it's convenient to pull that cop out argument. I'm not a fan of how that album was mastered at the end of the day nor some of the choices made either.

I won't even go into her 24 K gold album. It speaks for itself. She sounds like she smoked three packs of kools before laying vocals down for the dealer and it sounds like exactly what it is. A bunch of talented studio musicians told to stick exactly to the demo which wasn't great material to begin with.

With challenges comes some failures. Treading water brings mediocrity.