Thread: Timespace era
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If it was such an important thing for her that she felt the need for the world to hear, why didn’t she insert it into one of the set lists for the umpteen tours she had been doing? Why not push Fleetwood Mac to play it in ‘87 or ‘90? Or the 5 solo tours? I understand the specialness of the original recording and her mother having the rights bla bla, but why was she letting this Uber important baby of hers sit in the shelf collecting dust for nearly 15 years before she made it a debacle over Timespace - an album that included exactly 0 of her Fleetwood Mac songs.

It does all seem to have been BS but it worked out well when it did resurface finally in 1997.

But in an alternative reality…please allow yourselves to consider the dumpster fire that would’ve been a Rock a Little era version of Silver Springs…
She has said, she will only do it with Lindsey on stage. This is why she does not do it solo either. I dont see her singing it to Billy Burnette on stage (1987-1990). With Lindsey back and the whole band back in 1997 it was the perfect opportunity to reintroduce the song to the world.
I dont see what the fuss is. There clearly was an issue for Mick not to release the song to solo Stevie otherwise she would have slapped the song on Timespace.
Mick is one cheap bastard. Stand Back is on Fleetwood Mac's The Chain (25 years) released almost the same time as Timespace yet she cant have Silver Springs? Mick was bitter and cheap. I think the issue was Stevie wanted the original recording. She probably could have re-recorded it but wanted that Fleetwood Mac magic from Rumours on her album. At that point Fleetwood Mac was done and it would have made no difference to let Stevie have the song. After Stevie remaining loyal and doing those 2 tours to get Mick on his feet again, Mick was being petty.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-23-2022 at 01:23 PM..