View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 07:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

It really depends on what you want to do with it.

The piezo I find is the most interesting piece of the guitar for me, as you can unlock so many unique sounds just by blending it. Really cuts through when added. The EQ is also cool for finding a unique sound. Would highly recommend the addition of the piezo. It's not an acoustic sound per se, but sounds more like Rick's signature RS acoustic to my ears.

I don't really use it in the studio much unless I'm looking for it's particular sound. Stage is a different story; it's awesome to solo with and add a distinctive amount of color in your style.

Took about 4 months or so to build and ship. Rick and his team are awesome. If you're going to drop this much money on an instrument that you might have for the rest of your life, why not get exactly what you want? That's why I spent the extra and went with a custom order for me. No regrets!

If you'd like to hear some of the sounds I've been exploring with it, here is a link to an unreleased track (management please don't kill me!) from our upcoming EP. This is one of the few songs (least pop sounding) on the record where I used the M1 a lot. You can hear the piezo blend in some of the atmosphere and during the outtro at the end. Let me know if I can answer any other questions! Hope you get one!