View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Say You Will is routinely bashed around here and I cant understand why. Its brilliant and a masterpiece. It really was a void without Christine. But besides Rumours or Tusk, Lindsey's brilliance has never shown more than on this record.
Whats the world coming to is a great catchy opener. It was SO NICE to hear Stevie backing Lindsey again. Wow, it was so long to hear this.
Illume- pure genius Mr. Buckingham. How to turn an emotional poem about 9/11 into a song. A pop song? NO WAY. Its raw, its confusing, its dynamic, and so unpredictable as a song. That pretty much captures the whole experience of 9/11. PURE GENIUS!!!!
Thrown Down - wow a classic Mac song with Stevie singing strong. Very catchy
Say You Will - a great pop single and the meaning is sincere about wanting Christine to stay
Peacekeeper- a pretty good lead of single
Come - brilliant guitar work something Lindsey does not always show on his songs
Smile at you - so many demos over the years. This version rocks. Stevie is angry
Running through the Garden - finally makes it to an album and what a masterpiece!
Everybody finds out - probably in the top 15 of all time best Mac tunes. Its a full orchestra of drums, percussion, bass, guitar and the song explodes in the end. I wish the Mac had more songs like this. Its really the perfect song with lyrics and music
Destiny Rules - fantastic songs

the songs I did not mention are good but not the best of the album. I never cared for the goodbye baby songs. If I could remove 4 songs and add Christine songs this would be one of the best mac albums ever.
I don't get why anyone cant see that this album musically is probably their most intricate ever. Its no computer programmed Tango for sure. You can tell they worked their heart out on every song.