View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I despise Mick, but Tusk was his favor to Lindsey. Mick made that happen. He convinced the others to let Lindsey do it. He told them Lindsey might leave the band if he couldn’t. He soothed ruffled feathers and buffered Lindsey. You know that album was one man’s vision out of the five band members and Mick used his authoritative position to level things so it wasn’t one against 4.

Also, I love Lindsey and I am content (thrilled) for him to have the personality he has but he’s, um... well, especially back then more than today, he was arrogant, bossy, demanding and difficult. Mick indulged him (because he thought Lindsey was largely responsible for the band’s success) and was a conduit. He was also in the studio with Lindsey all night long. He may have been drunk and coked out, but he was there.

Mick did things to warrant Lindsey’s gratitude, loyalty and his love, once upon a time.
I guess you're right. I'll give this some thought. It just feels as if Mick kicked Lindsey in the teeth a lot over the years. The puzzling thing is why Lindsey continually opened up and let Mick in. I'm sure that Lindsey adored Mick's energy and charisma and even aspects of his personality. Mick is the kind of person that would hang out with Lindsey and jam with him and they would both explode with enthusiasm for the music - but then Mick would be a completely different person back at the office Monday morning and refuse to put anything equally combustible on the actual product. I think there was a certain level of cowardice in Mick with regard to the business of the band that Lindsey found distasteful. There is also Mick's fundamental lack of professionalism that Lindsey finds abhorrent, whether it's a ghostwritten book of tawdry "he said, she said," or a pickle-barrel concert video produced with none of the band's usual sophistication, or even the cockamamie business ventures that degrade the band name. Lindsey has probably always felt a strong attraction to Mick's musical artistry but a repulsion to his crassness and stupidity. (Much like me, come to think of it!)

moviekinks.blogspot.com