Thread: Rosebud Show
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2002, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by bjk3047
Look, I'm not wrong, look at ANY of these reputable trade pages and you'll find KC is 1977: [snip]
I can go on and on and on. It's mislabeled. If you look at any of the other setlists from the White Album Tour, you will see that GDW and Don't Stop were not performed. I did mispeak on Silver Springs however. Milwaukee '76 is the lone show available with Silver Springs. Need any more help?
Brian, maybe we are all talking about a couple of different things at the same time? Fleetwood played a big Kansas City show on June 18 1976, but I had no idea that a recording of it existed. Joe says he has it, & that it contains "You Make Loving Fun," "Gold Dust Woman," "Silver Springs" & "Don't Stop." I'm surprised to hear that there is a 1976 recording of "Don't Stop" & "Gold Dust Woman." That would be groovy to hear. Maybe Joe wouldn't mind posting the track list for us here.

You mention the recording floating around of a spring 1977 show in Kansas City. I have that, too, but I only said that I don't think it was June 1; I believe it was earlier, probably in early or mid May, when the band was playing the Midwest. It is also a bit of an oddball tape because it opens with "Don't Stop" & contains "Silver Springs." It's always labeled April 1, but that seems unlikely to both you & me because the band was traveling to Europe on that day (they opened in Europe on the following day -- April 2).

Joe, take note: Fleetwood really did play "Silver Springs" at this early 1977 show labeled Kansas City. You said earlier that on your tape, someone in the band says that the "album" is due out in September, right? So I assume we are all talking about two different recordings.

A lot of these "Rumours" shows, from the first one in February to about the end of May, had a bunch of cool songs, like "Believe Me," "Silver Springs," "Tell Me All the Things You Do," "Hypnotized," "Don't Stop" & "Green Manalishi." The set didn't appear to solidify until late May or the beginning of June, at shows like Lakeland FL (5-30-77) or Birmingham (6-2-77) or New Orleans (6-4-77). At around that time, the "Rumours" set settles into the groove we all recognize & pretty much stays that way until the tour ends in December.

One of our fellow Ledgies (who should step in here & tell us what he remembers) says that he attended a Fleetwood show in March or April of 1976 at the outdoor Campus Stadium at University of California, Santa Barbara, & that the outdoor "Rosebud" footage was filmed there. I think he also has said that the band opened that show with "Sunny Side of Heaven." If you look closely at the outdoor footage, you can see that Christine has set up her ARP String Ensemble atop her Hohner pianet, & she has said that she used the ARP for "Sunny Side of Heaven." That must have been a great time for the band: playing big outdoor shows like the Days on the Green on April 24 up at the Oakland Stadium, they looked & sounded fantastic.

Even if you spend just a little bit of time digging into some of the more miniscule information, you immediately recognize the need for the band to have documented its own activities a little bit better (which it usually failed to do).