View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I have definitely met LB fans on the road following FM. Not nearly as many as SN fans, but some. I remember spending an entire night with a lovely group of LB devotees while waiting in line for an FM Today Show appearance overnight in NYC. Some of them had come all the way from Australia that night to see the band, pretty amazing. But like I said, I wouldn’t expect those people I met that night to show up for shows now. They were specifically LB fans, and he isn’t here anymore. But Stevie people who go to see Stevie? They’re all still there. She hasn’t lost them. You could replace everyone else in the band with cardboard cut-outs and Stevie people would still go. As long as Stevie is in this band, her fans will be there. I once heard that comedian Kathleen Madigan say “Stevie Nicks could eat a baby and I would still be a diehard Stevie Nicks fan.” And that sums it up better than I could. I highly doubt Stevie is concerned at all. I’m sure she has not seen any change in the amount of fans who show up and the adoration she receives. I know you guys want this to be a failure of a tour and want her people to turn on her but in reality, her fans aren’t going anywhere and the tour is a relatively big success. I’m not saying she deserves it or that her actions weren’t wrong or that she’s a great person or anything. I don’t claim any of that. But however we want to phrase it, Stevie won this round. She’s doing fine.
I think she won the battle, not only this round. Good for her! This is basically what she wanted her whole life: to own the band and dance happily around her house.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.