View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
from this Penguin Q&A: http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...nmcvie_qa1.htm

I've been under the impression that Lindsey's Tusk tracks are mainly himself playing all the instruments, and that the same is true with Tango In The Night. Of course there are occasions where I think you are playing: the official Tusk documentary shows you in the studio laying down the bass track for "Save Me A Place". And on Tango In The Night I think you are playing on "Caroline" as well, not to forget the ending of the title track. But in general, is it just him playing nearly everything on his tracks on the Tusk and Tango In The Night albums? (Gaius, , , Finland)

Hi Gaius,
Thanks for the questions. As far as I know and remember, every bass track on a Mac album was played by me. If you find out they snuck one by me, let me know. All the best! McVie
Long Grey Mare and one of the Rambling Pony versions had Bob Brunning on bass as well as(I think) I believe my time ain't long (their first single). Bob was in the band at the time, not John so maybe those don't count, although I'm not sure if he was subbing for John when LGM was cut.

I've seen some sources that state that Peter Green played a six-string bass on the Green Manalishi. However, that track was never on a studio album.

That Revelation's bass parts were played by Bob Welch is well known, but Bob mentioned in a Penguin Q & A that he also played bass on Keep on Going as well, and that there were some others...

I believe Steal your heart away started out as Lindsey a Lindsey solo song with Chris, Mick and John Pierce on bass. Stevie added some backing vocals during the Say You Will sessions. Whether John McVie re-did some or all of the bass parts on that track, I don't know, but John Pierce is listed as an additional performer on the sleeve notes of Say You Will, so he must have played on something, presumably SYHA.

I can't think of any others off-hand, but I wouldn't be surprised if I were to find out that the bass on Big Love was Lindsey.

I can also detect my dear late wife Aileen Scarrott's unique bass licks on Sentimental Lady.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 11-17-2018 at 04:37 PM..