View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love Coming Home!
HAHTF (the album) is a bit of a slow-burner to appreciate, I think, and it took me a long time to really get to grips with it. I'm glad I did although I don't think I will ever come to terms with Silver Heels. Christine turns into Bob on Bad Loser, Bob's She's changing me almost sounds like a precursor to Say you love me- try playing them back-to-back to catch my drift, and Bob channels Albatross for Safe Harbour. Coming Home feels liberatingly free-form and has a great bass line here and there so I'm glad others rate it too.

I'm not absolutely sure that my choices aren't perhaps my favourites rather than what I might feel are the best, but it's my reality. So Stevie's only on four of the tracks? That's her look out... Nothing Without You (OK,it's a cover, like Mission Bell,but hey..) works best for me as it's the most inclusive of all the band's then personnel-- Christine is very prominent, and Lindsey guests as well.

I've played them in an order which makes about as much sense as I can make of them, and I'm cursing you-know-who for it not quite technically being a best of 18 album playlist.

Big Love
Behind the Mask
Woman of 1000 years
Closing my eyes
Gold Dust Woman
Hypnotized
Brown Eyes
I loved another woman
Rhiannon
Coming Home
Did you ever love me
Mission Bell