View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I'm not opposed to a new album, it's just we have no idea when or even if one will ever be released. Personally, I'd rather hear good songs they've never performed live than new ones that may not stand the test of time.

But even if they do release a new album and Stevie doesn't sing on it, I'd be thrilled if she sang songs from the Buckingham Nicks album, or Straight Back, That's Alright, etc in lieu of new material. That way, everyone wins- FM puts out a new album, Stevie sings old songs she's never performed before without having to record with them, and the fans hear new music either way.
see, i think the probability of a new album being released is higher than FM doing half a setlist of deep cuts, tbh.

no no, you are not hearing us. look at that other poll where new album / tour of 4 / tour of 5 option is handily the most picked! many of us WANT to hear new songs, and we feel are losing a lot if we don't hear them. for me, new music and hearing it live is much more exciting than hearing deep cuts (and you may or may not be aware, but i've been badgering Lindsey for Walk A Thin Line and Deep Dense forever - see here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater, so that should tell you something!).

plus new album / tour of 4 with new music / tour of 5 with mixed in deep cuts is a win for both fans like me and fans like you - you don't have to go see the tour of 4 with new music and you still get the tour of 5.

i'm not sure why you think new music would not be good. Lindsey's stuff from last 10 years is full of pretty fantastic songs, he's definitely on a roll. Sad Angel was a crowd pleaser on 2013 tour. btw, Bleed To Love Her was performed the whole last leg of the FM tour in 2015, and people generally agree it's a great song even though you seem to not be fond of it. in fact Lindsey has been pretty consistently performing a song from SYW on their last 2 tours - Say Goodbye in 2013, and BTLH in 2015. now we need Red Rover back on the next tour! and Murrow! and Come, and even Steal Your Heart Away would be interesting.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"