View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks madformac thats the very strap, I looked it up on ebay and it was only £13.95 sweet. So i bought one of them just there now. Anyway those Eldorado Straps are far far to expensive. Not saying I wouldnt like one but they are too dear. I'd never pay for one.

I've always used Thomastic Power Brights strings. the 10-46 ones. Well, in an emergency last month i changed them to a set of ernie ball 9's. They sounded dead in comparison. there was no tone and i have to change them already. So I ordered the powerbrights with the Fender strap.

The only dissappointment with my mesa boogie subway amp is that there is no gain and it only sounds distorted when its cranked up (LOUD) then its way too loud for home use.

I use a Boss GT-6 for all my effects, and personally i am now starting to think that it sounds all a bit un natural and computer generated. Its over complicated and difficult to use. Im considering going back to basics and purchasing an analogue Distortion pedal and a bit of digital delay.

When I eventually get my Compass Rose acoustic from Rick next year, I will also grab the D-Tar Mama Bear. The Dollar rate at the minute is amazing. I can get a D-tar for £145.