View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
Congratulations on getting your dream instrument Brandon.
You are right its not the easiest guitar to bend or to get sweet bar chords but it is easier to play chord shapes and much easier for finger picking.

Its a good guitar and gets some "wow" comments when its seen. Speaking personally I prefer to play my Fender Esquire or Strats these days but it still gets playing time for anything "Les Paul" based as it blows a Gibson into the water. I totally agree with Lindsey's mindset about it being the perfect stage guitar. Very easy to get jazz, Telecaster, Les Paul sounds and much more.

Its the only guitar on the planet that can achieve the dark tone on "I'm So Afraid" properly but its so much more than that.

Boogies tend to give it a bit too much overdrive for my taste. Take your Model 1 and check out the Boogies at a store before you pull the trigger.

Have fun!
Yeah bends ala "The Chain" are not easy. I need to have a pro set up done, like I said...but dont know anyone here that may have had experience with the guitar.

I do, still, prefer playing my Epi Les Paul. This is going to take some getting use to!

The tone on "So Afraid" from the Dance is what I've been trying to achieve for years. I hope I can pull it off.

If you're not using Boogies...what kind of Fenders do you prefer?