View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I completely agree with everyone who is saying it's a shame they use these prerecorded backing tracks.

I would much rather hear the music entirely live. If Brett needs to play most of the keyboards, let him. Chris can save it for "Game of Pretend" and a couple of other songs. Then at least we know what we've heard.

The three backing musicians are all very capable singers. We don't need a "wall of sound" just like the record when hearing them live. And there are two extra guys on guitar. Lindsey doesn't have to play everything himself -- let Brett and Neale handle some of the guitar chores, but let it be live.

Live rock music SHOULDN'T be perfect. Save that for the diva pop stars whose shows are a multi-media presentation. Fleetwood Mac and BuckVie are rock, not diva pop with backup dancers, an elaborate stage set, and a million dollar light show.

I go to very few shows by famous names that everyone has heard of. Fleetwood Mac and BuckVie are an exception. My musical tastes run to under-the-radar Americana, indie rock, singer-songwriter, and folk. Once in a blue moon you'll see one of these groups use a tape loop, but it's obvious, and the idea of any of them piping in prerecorded backing tracks would just be absurd. So, people, don't give up on live music, just search out your low-key and indie performers and you'll never have to listen to a backing track again.