View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Totally do (agree that is). I remember hearing "Mirage" for the first time, after listening to "Tusk" for 5 or so straight playthroughs.

After hearing an album which was held together so cohesively by Lindsey, Mirage's biggest flaw, I still feel, is the lack of good Lindsey songs. It's almost like the tracks should have been held over for "Go Insane", they remind me a lot of his quirky solo album just before Mirage, "Law and Order" (which IMO is not very good). Mirage is like LaO II with good McVie and Nicks songs :P

I like Eyes of the World, especially live. But Christine and Stevie save the day.

Yeah, Can't Go Back, Book of Love, Empire State are all weird songs. I like all of them though. They are very representative of Lindsey in that period I think. Empire State is just kind of out of place and very Lindsey-solo-work, although I like it. The other two fit on the album, but the production is very odd given Tusk's well done acoustic-y feel, I agree (although I know, it's supposed to sound dreamlike :P ).

Last comment- I think Tusk has weirder songs. The Ledge being a good example. But yeah, all his work on Mirage is weird, and I think it's the only album outside of LaO that I would say that about.

Enough for now!

- Spike
Thanks for your response! I never thought about similarities with LaO. But you're so right about that.