View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
That would't surprise me. In an interview from '81 she said they were ready to break up when they joined FM in 75, but that joining and breaking up all at the same time was "too much for one heart to take" so "we stayed together for another year"

After they joined FM, I think they got separate apartments. She says that "and I had a nice apartment" once they got a little money. So, I think that although he might have kept the place they had shared together with a roommate that she moved out once they started earning some dough.

On the other hand when she talks about Go Your Own Way she says, "Oh it bugged me terrible. And I had to listen to it every night and sing along with it. It would just put me right back in the place where Lindsey and I were when he wrote that song, back to our apartment where he was really angry with me. It was like I had to revisit the world of the big fight every time he sang it."

So, I got the impression he was sitting on the floor writing it even before FM and that he probably kept fiddling with the thing or adding new parts to it right on through being on the road with FM. When he mentions it's origin, I would agree that they were definitely on the road by that time, but I think it may have been conceived when they were still stuck in an apartment together, based on her comments.

Michele