Thread: Tour dates??
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, as I said elsewhere in a reply to a similar post of yours…

I see a bunch of people, most near or over 70, being away from home, in near constant motion, not necessarily knowing what the accommodations are going to be like, when or where the next meal will be, never getting to feel settled in, constantly being around the same people, where one day can feel like a week, for over four months straight
Granted, the way they tour is a completely different beast from what I got to experience (mine was pretty blue collar by comparison), the fundamentals are pretty much the same.

It’s not easy, it takes a toll, and the show becomes almost a formality in the grand scheme of a day (which is how they can play the same setlist every night).
Hardly. At this stage in the game these folks know EXACTLY what the accommodations will be, because they spell it out in their contracts. Stevie will be in a presidential suite in a 5 star hotel. The others will be in very nice accommodations at same or similar level hotels. I'm sure Stevie has her team very well trained on what and when and how she likes to dine. And on this tour she's been doing very little to no press compared to previous tours, so she hasn't even been doing the day-long phone ins and all that. John doesn't do press at all, so when he's off he isn't handling interviews or photo shoots etc. They have multiple days between many if not most shows. I'm not blaming them, I'm simply pointing out that touring for them is NOT what it is for younger, less successful bands. Hell even Kiss was talking about their recent tours and saying they will only stay at 5 star hotels and this and that-- it's an age and experience thing at this point. Granted they are away from home for months but certainly for Stevie she loves it even though she makes a show of complaining about it.... the others probably less so. I don't feel bad for them one whit.