View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Ok I voted for something 'new' .....I do love the Tusk period but unfortunately.....well Christine isn't here.....& no matter what sound of theres in the 'past' that they could try & recreate.....really its not gonna happen. There voices have changed esp Stevie's. Her voice doesn't sound anything like it did in those days (though I wish it did).....so I would hope for something different (but not like SYW-please)......of course 'if' it even happens at all.....I wouldn't bet any $$ on it happening .....heck whatever happend to the re-issue of Rumours again with the DVD project.....we all recall hearing about that right....so thats why I highly doubt anything occuring.....I'd be shocked........yes there is much they could 'do' same with Stevie.......but it seems they have no motivation...esp Stevie.....sad but true....IMO anyway......other than getting a 'new' producer or something I'd think the sound would continue along the lines of SYW.......but who knows really???? They don't like to take too many risks.....same with Stevie......same old same old is there motto......
I think while this is certainly true with their live performances, it's not true with their albums. Since Stevie and Lindsey joined, none of their albums sound the same. Fleetwood Mac and Rumours are probably the most similar in sound, and even then there's a definite difference. I think, with Lindsey at the helm -- because, let's face it, even with an outside producer he would still want a lot of creative control -- that's what keeps the band from sounding same-y. He's the risk-taker. Lindsey is obviously influenced a lot by current music, and it shows through his work.