View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

The fact that something is posted in this thread, with an attribution saying where it came from, does not mean it's posted as "fact." You can post an article or comment without adopting its content as true. So, blaming a poster for the false information in a statement that is not theirs is illogical.

If you see something that's untrue, then you can simply comment on it yourself.

That happens plenty of times in all of the threads here. It's not the sole obligation of the person who posted it.

There's incorrect information posted all of the time, from song names, dates, incorrect line ups to rumors that Stevie Nicks is not only a witch, but that she used a suppository for cocaine. When there's information that people disagree with, they respond with corrections or their own opinions.

Not everyone who posts information has as much knowledge about Peter Green as you do, so they can't post with explanatory comments in all situations. If you are suggesting that people only post in the thread if they are knowledgeable, that would make for better reading, indeed. However, it's not a rule I'm interested in implementing.

This is a discussion board. It's not a reference source. As an archive, it is intended to honor and preserve Fleetwood Mac memories in a way. However, only as a place where you can observe public conversations over time, not as an historical repository.

If I ever get enough time to update the biography section, then you can believe that I'm going to be concerned with upholding only truth and facts. But that is not the purpose of these community bulletin boards. And not everyone who participates in them has the same motivations or interests. Unfortunately, some of the material (perhaps most of the material) you'll find that others post is not what you would post yourself.

You can always participate by contradicting, correcting or amending any inaccuracies you see or, if it's just too annoying to sift through them, then I can perfectly understand that and think such threads are best avoided.