View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
I've always thought this performance was lackluster at best and a truly missed opportunity to make those who thought of her as lightweight entertainment (which there were a lot of) think otherwise. Regardless, among other drugs/drink that were going through her system onstage, I believe she was tripping her head off on LSD.

My theory as to why her vocal performance sounds so tired is that the WHOLE day leading up to her showtime was a giant party, which she loves, which she would have been at the center of, and she NEVER stopped talking (and laughing and carrying on). She's chatty by nature and I bet she hadn't stopped talking in the 10 hours before that show. Tripping with your friends? I bet she never was silent. Also, at that point, she was into her husky speaking voice, regardless of how professionals told her to raise her speaking pitch to where it belongs. She spoke too low back then and that, along with everything else, did her no favors that day.

She blew a golden opportunity with that show because she wouldn't shut up. She had 1/4 tank of gas left when she took that stage.

I await the slings and arrows.

I don't know about the specifics of that day, but I do agree that she totally took her talent for granted and did NOT take care of herself and her voice throughout her career. It's one of my biggest disappointments as a fan... she was far more focused on the being famous and having life be one big party than she was on developing her talent as a writer and improving it and growing it or on caring for her voice. It's like she just assumed it would always be there, and didn't notice or care when she started losing it-- first her upper register and then when she would just be totally hoarse and raw and keep pushing it. And smoking doesn't help that at ALL. But she was so sucked into the "being a star" sh&t she didn't care. I can totally see where her crap became too much for someone like Lindsey to deal with. Her inability to see any flaws in herself came back to bite her big time.