View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If you type "Fleetwood Mac" into Google and then do a "news" search, the only new information that comes up is Neil-Finn based. Little bits of him saying the same thing over and over about the surprise of getting the call. These micro-stories are trickling in alongside news of HIS upcoming album.

Ironically, FM appears to be on complete hiatus until Finn has worked out his solo commitments, etc. So, no touring, no new music, no stories, no clarifications, no side collaborations (ie: LBCM 2)--instead, these aging people are languishing through yet another year without much momentum or new work.

The most disappointing part of all this for me is Christine's silence. When she reemerged from retirement, she claimed to have "dozens" of songs, a claim backed also by Fleetwood and Nicks. Well, the first LBCM was delightful. But, ultimately, I'd really like to hear 10-12 new Christine songs on a single album before, well, she gets too old to record or dies. How else could I say this politely?
The best chance for some of those new Christine songs to see the light of day would be if Neil focuses his attention on producing and helping write a Fleetwood Mac album.