View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Daniel

Well my choice of words simply reflect what I have witnessed on stage, and how I've felt (and still feel) about it. Perhaps I should have used another word instead of flotsam (fair enough), but I don't know if there really is a more accurate one. Do keep in mind I also stated, as JonsonP picked up on, that the larger problem remains
=> that you never know just what you're going to get with PG at any given time. There is a +/- at work here all at once.

"As long as he enjoys playing, then that should be enough" is a sensible sentiment, but 1) from what I've witnessed, I'm not always sure that is the case - and 2) there is nothing wrong with publicizing the fact that "what you see is what you get" with PG these days. And that varies widely, lest there be any unsuspecting surprises on the part of would-be concert-goers. Even in the studio, it's difficult to tell where Snowy or Nigel or brother Mick (et al) end, and Pete begins. You know the bit.

Why write such a post just because some "bad showbiz dudes" check the Ledge now and then...

No that's not what I meant. I was simply referring to anyone who might be lurking or visiting the Ledge as a (non-signed-in) "guest." No "good guy" or "bad guy" connotations are implied at all. Keep in mind our posts are spidered and indexed into various search engines, including the mother of them all Google. Lots of folks end up reading these comments without ever having set foot directly at the forum.

As for "taking up space on stage," there has been just this at times during his comeback career. I can't speak for how often, but when it occurs, it's almost painful to witness. Again, this is what I meant when I stated that "what you see is what you get with PG these days" = YMMV. But one thing I think we all can agree on, if Peter really has his heart and mind into this concert or any touring that may follow, I will be the first one to say POWER TO HIM and HALLELUIAH! It's just that even in this realm, I'm not quite sure. There's a lot of diverse forces at play here, and there not all Peter's exclusively.

Now if you want a little more fun and angst, try visit this thread. Not sure if you happened upon it yet, but we had a great time mashing on that one, even if it went well beyond a discussion of PG's blues.

Interesting Read
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38213

Jb

Last edited by snoot; 01-13-2009 at 07:52 PM..