View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I saw her there that year, too. I remember reading an article about how/why bigger name acts had been playing state fairs, and it specifically mentioned Stevie Nicks playing at the Ohio State fair. It said that she was paid a huge amount, and one of the reasons she did it was because it was a guaranteed fee, rather than based on attendance, so she would have been paid the same whether there were 2,000 people there or 10,000 people there. The Celeste Center holds just over 10,000, and her concert was a sellout. For that same tour, I think she also played in Ohio at Cincinnati Riverbend amphitheater. I think the Ohio State fair was the only fair she played in, at least that year.
You saw the Street Angel tour?
Wow, you must have been really young

There was a leg of that tour that was never officially announced but was on the edge of being announced. New small theater in West Palm Beach was going to be played 2 nights. It was in the paper and on the radio. But after the first leg, Stevie got depressed. The album was not selling, attendance was not great, and people were fat shaming her. I was very disappointed I did not get to see her on that tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-20-2018 at 01:19 PM..