View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Which would have ROCKED!!! I love Lindsey, don't get me wrong. But Fleetwood Mac with Eric Clapton...all I can say is And, it would have worked, as there were really only about four or five hit songs that were in his set around that time. So, they could have done those as well as some of the Mac's blues material. BTW, I'm not so sure EC would have said no, as this choice quote from Lindsey himself over on Madness Fades suggests:

"When Eric Clapton hangs out with Mick or us he’s always saying, “God, I wish I was in a band again.” That’s because the burden is all on him. It’s just not the same when, as a leader, you’re paying people a certain amount each week to play with you. The balance of power is not the same, and it drains you. Bob Welch had a couple of successful solo albums, but now I think he misses being in a group where people will give you honest feedback, tell you when you’ve got your head up your ass. You need that thing when other people in the band have as much at stake as you do. We could certainly all do solo albums, but that wouldn’t be the death of Fleetwood Mac. There are still good creative ties and I think we all still enjoy - and need - the feedback we get from the group situation. I can’t imagine not feeling that way anytime soon.
BAM, January 1981"
That would have been my dream Fleetwood Mac line-up: Mick, John, Chris & Eric. I'd never seen that LB quote before, but I had always assumed that Clapton would have said no, if asked to join. Maybe not....