View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3
Not even In My WorldYou described it as brilliant when it was released.
It's true that when I first heard "In My World", I thought it was pretty good but I think my initial impressions were informed by anticipation and excitement. After subsequent listens, it began to bore me and to be honest, I haven't listened to it since. I think the first four songs released are all extremely average to bad and of the remaining 6 tracks, only "Carnival Begin" and "On With The Show" stand out to me as solid, enduring songs. There are flourishes of competence throughout the album but that isn't exactly inspiring. I do firmly believe that Stevie could have added to proceedings in a truly meaningful way and that frustrates me beyond belief. Of course, that is entirely down to her - the rest of the band (and let's make no bones about it, this is a Mac album) more than extended the olive branch - but I remain puzzled by her attitude (which is in contrast to so much of what she has stated over the years about remaining loyal to the band).
Anyway, horses for courses - I'm glad fans are enjoying the Buckingham McVie album but it essentially has left me cold.