View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Neil seems to thoroughly enjoy being in Fleetwood Mac. I think he misses the band atmosphere which he really hasn't experienced since Paul Hester's death. Many thought that Crowded House would become a stadium act around the world and this is his chance to experience some of that.

Going forward, I see him balancing Mac work with his own projects. He loves to stay busy and loves to challenge myself. He has an album's worth of material already written with his brother Tim Finn so I expect him to record that album late this year or in 2020. A lot of Finn fans see him reuniting Crowded House for a 2020 tour.

Outside of that, I expect Neil to convince Irving of the merits of a new studio album. Studio albums don't generate direct revenue but they have loads of indirect benefits. They generate fan interest in tours (tours tend to sell better when there's new material) and they also get the creative juices flowing which helps in countless ways.

Hahaha you just mentioned creativity and Irving in the same sentence. That's ironic and amusing.

Also, balancing solo work and Fleetwood Mac is not something the band (ok stevie nicks) actually welcomes in practice, unless you are in fact Stevie Nicks. In that case, a separate set of rules applies (that includes a spineless backing from Mick fleetwood) If working around solo careers was an easily negotiable thing within the band, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. No offense, but it's always easy for the new guy in town to think it's going to be somehow different for them.